Genuine US Military Issue,USMC Chest Rig, The USMC Chest Rig is a Marine Corps specific modified version of the U.S. Army’s Tactical Assault Panel.
MARCORSYSCOM is currently fielding the Modular Tactical Vest (MTV) and the Scalable Plate Carrier (SPC) to allow Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) Commanders the latitude to tailor Armor Protection Levels (APL) to satisfy their mission requirements.
The adoption of this concept has resulted in the need to transfer the assault load between body armor systems, which is a cumbersome and time consuming process.
The USMC Chest Rig allows Marines to rapidly transition fighting loads between the SPC, MTV, or the Full Spectrum Battle Equipment (FSBE). The Chest Rig is compatible with the quick release system of the MTV and FSBE vest, eliminating interference with the quick release function.
The chest rig is capable of
- internally accommodating
- six fully loaded M4/M16 magazines,
- one PRC-148/153,
- one GPS system (or like size item), and
- other equipment carried as part of the Marine’s basic assault load.
It provides the user with an alternate method of carrying the combat load on a body armor system and can also be used in a stand-alone configuration with a detachable harness.
A single USMC Chest Rig includes the following components:
- USMC Chest Rig Assembly
- Harness Assembly
- USMC Chest Rig Repair Kit
- Attaching Strap Assembly (for MTV/SPC) (2 pair)
- IMTV/PC Attaching Strap Assembly (2 pair)
- 1″ Quick Attach Surface Mount, ITW #810-1076-5679 (6 each)
- 1″ Single Bar Repairable, Male, ITW #810-1072-5679 (2 each)
- 1″ Waveloc Repairable, Female, ITW #810-1082-5679 (2 each)
- 1″ Waveloc Repairable, Male, ITW #810-1083-5679 (2 each)
- USMC Chest Rig Instruction Card
National Stock Number